[Community] Unable to load a datastore

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Fri Dec 2 17:36:43 EET 2005

Vaishal,

In early versions of our software, you could connect from Zope/Plone
directly to an unreferenced shapefile such as the world_borders.shp,
and then define the spatial referencing system through the Zope
management interface. This is no longer possible because I have moved
*all* data configuration issues out of Zope and into the filesystem.
You can think of the OVF file as a wrapper for the shapefile, a
wrapper that allows you to set its spatial reference system, and/or
gather multiple shapefiles together into a virtual data store.

For now, forget about trying to connect to the shapefile itself.
Let's connect to the OVF file. That ogrinfo works on it is a good
sign. It looks like your file is OK. Next, make sure that the user
Plone runs as has the correct permissions to read both the OVF file
and all the world_borders.* files.

Sean

---
Sean Gillies