[Community] Looking for PloneConf Enviro Panelists

lists at unep.net lists at unep.net
Thu Aug 3 10:59:00 EEST 2006

Hi all,
sorry for crossposting, but I think this should be on the NGO list too.

On Wed, August 2, 2006 9:45 pm, Sean Gillies wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Here's message from David Siedband. He's organizing a panel on
> Environmental applications at the upcoming Plone Conference, and
> looking for experienced panelists. I know we have some NOAA folks on
> this list, people from NCEAS and OBIS, and also developers of
> solutions for enviros. Please send David an email (address below) if
> you're interested. Looks like a particularly good one to participate
> in. If I'm not mistaken, it also gets you in at a discounted rate.
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: David Siedband <technique at oceanicsky.com>
>> Date: August 2, 2006 3:06:17 AM MDT
>> To: Sean Gillies <sgillies at frii.com>
>> Subject: PloneConf Enviro Panel Discussion

>> Using Plone for Environmental Information Sharing and Collaboration
>>
>> There is a groundswell of excitement among environmental
>> organizations using Plone.  These groups often have strikingly
>> similar goals in terms of creating web libraries and supporting
>> online collaboration.  Many of them are doing great things, yet
>> creating their own islands of information and not capturing the
>> potential benefits of community development and interoperability.
>> This Panel will explore some of the benefits and challenges
>> involved in bringing these efforts together into a collaborative
>> effort in a way that benefits the wider plone community as well.
>>
>> Panelists
>> Jon Stahl - OneNW
>> Jonathan Adams - The Nature Conservancy
>> David Siedband - Watershed Portals
>>

> ---
> Sean Gillies

FYI: At UNEP we use plone for several of our projects like:

http://www.ecomundus.net/

http://www.iwlearn.net/

http://countryprofiles.unep.org/

and more ( I will compile a (more or less) full  list until the
conference)

We would be very interessted to streamline our efforts with
other projects that use plone as we have very similar goals ;)

cheers

Christian Ledermann

UNEP
P.O.Box 30552