[Community] vector shapefile not working

BALTUS Jean jean.baltus at africamuseum.be
Thu Jan 26 13:11:53 EET 2006

Hi all,

I've a primagis 0.5 installation on Debian. It works with the demo world
shape files and with some custom raster files.

However when I'm using our own shapefiles, I've got the following error
in the ZCO Layer:

Traceback (innermost last):

*	Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
*	Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 39, in call_object
*	Module Products.PrimaGIS.PrimaGISMap, line 230, in view
*	Module Products.ZCO.MapRenderer, line 193, in render
*	Module cartography.engine.mapserver.rendering, line 127, in
render
*	Module cartography.engine.mapserver.rendering, line 852, in
_init_layer
*	Module cartography.data.disk, line 120, in datatype
*	Module ogr, line 504, in GetLayerByName

OGRError: No layer on datasource

I've created an ovf file using the shpconfig.py utility to add the
correct spatial reference.

Do you know what's wrong? Could it be that the shapefile is missing
information? If Yes How can I add them?

The ogrinfo utility only displays:

1: filename (Line String)

There is no info about the bounding box for instance...

-- Jean

This message has been scanned by ICT - Africa Museum