[Community] System hangs on adding large shapefiles to PrimaGIS

Uwe Seher uwe.seher at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 4 11:03:27 EEST 2007

Am 04.09.2007, 06:27 Uhr, schrieb Richard Cooper <rcooper at iwsea.org>:

> Hi there,
>
> Would be really grateful for ideas on how to solve the problem I'm
> having in
> adding large(ish) shapefiles to PrimaGIS (the current file I'm trying to
> use
> has a .shp of 4 MB and .dbf of 20 MB). I can add the shapefile to Zope
> (as
> ZCO datastore), but on applying a style the system hangs.
>
> The error I'm getting:
>
> Proxy Error
>
> The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
> The proxy server could not handle the request GET /demo/.
>
> Reason: Error reading from remote server
>
> Apache/2.2.4 (Fedora) Server at gis.iwsea.org Port 80
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Richard.

Hi!
You can add a string-property  'type' to the style and give it the value
'INTRINSIC' or 'EXTRINSIC' which decides if mapserver or python does the
analysis.
4/20 MB are not really large, i am handling some shapes of about 650-850
MB ;)
Additional it is useful to post the versions that you are using ;)

CU Uwe
--
ingenieurbüro kauppert

nebeniusstr. 34