[Community] Renaming GeoJSON project

Matthew Russell matt.horizon5 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 21:16:37 EEST 2008

Hi,

I can see how a rename will enable folks to say "GeoJSON" and have that
refer to the specification - however imho, people usually refer to
specifications with a prefix; "spec".
examples:
     "The GeoJSON spec[ification] says..."
     "The GeoJSON python lib allows"

Rename does seem sensible to allow for other implementations.
Of the sensible names suggested,
"geojsonref" (lowercase) looks good to me - if it is indeed this it to
be/become the reference implementation (what qualifies something to be the
reference implementation?)

If it's deemed to be, then "geojsonref" (lowercase) looks good.

If not, then perhaps  "WorldGSON", "WorldJSON" ?
Personally, I dislike having "Py" in a python package name, seems kinda
redundent.

My two pence...

Matt

--