[Community] OWSLib - Access WMS attribution info

David Winslow dwinslow at opengeo.org
Fri Dec 4 18:12:22 EET 2009

On 12/03/2009 12:20 PM, David Winslow wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> For a project I'm working on, I'd like to access the Attribution field
> on some layers in a WMS capabilities document.  I'd love to use OWSLib
> (looks like it would be a lot easier to use than parsing the XML
> directly), but when I try to retrieve the Attribution I just get an
> empty string (or None if there is no attribution for the layer.)  I
> was expecting an object with the title, logo URL, and link for the
> Attribution.
>
> Digging into the code a bit I see that Attribution is parsed in
> exactly the same way as Name and Title, so it will always be a
> string.  Would it be reasonable to change this to an object or
> dictionary with the fields I mentioned above?
>
> I would be happy to put together a patch if there's interest.
>
> --
> David Winslow
> OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/

Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but the test suite in trunk doesn't
seem to pass as-is.  Is this the correct way to be running it?

cd tests/
python runalldoctests.py
# ... lots of text scrolls by
***Test Failed*** 6 failures.

I see an HTTP 401 error and such, so maybe the test suite is just out of
date?  Is http://svn.gispython.org/svn/gispy/OWSLib/trunk the correct
repository?

This is on Fedora 12, running python 2.6.  I'm using a virtualenv
sandbox for the tests.

--
David Winslow
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/