[Community] Access Violation Error when using to_wkt method

Darren Waters darren at omc-international.com
Wed Aug 4 09:02:47 EEST 2010

Hi All,

I am using shapely 1.2.2 (python 2.5 on a Windows system) to generate a
coverage polygon for a large set of point data.  To achieve this I am
producing a series of square polygons (buffered around each point) and then
using a cascaded_union to join overlapping geometries to yield a
multipolygon object. Unfortunately, when I try and output this geometry to a
well known text representation, using the to_wkt() method, I get an error
(*** WindowsError: exception: access violation reading 0x00000000).  Has
anyone else experienced this problem and can anyone suggest a solution.
This problem seems like it may be related to an issue discussed on the
geos-devel list
(http://www.mail-archive.com/geos-devel@lists.osgeo.org/msg00996.html)

Thanks
Darren