[Community] Access Violation Error when using to_wkt method

Jaakko Salli jaakko.salli at dnainternet.net
Mon Aug 9 21:18:20 EEST 2010

Hi Darren,

On 9.8.2010 4:18, Darren Waters wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.  My version of Shapely came from the link on
> http://trac.gispython.org/lab/wiki/Shapely.  My version of python is 2.5.2
> and was from python.org.  Also, when I referred to a large set of point
> data, I am talking of the order of 6 million points that I am performing the
> cascaded union on.
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice that you can give me.

Naturally it would be great to be able to reproduce this in some kind
of minimal sample, or at least find out if the same operation also fails
on *nix system.

Anyways, to rule out if this is a problem with the used compiler, here is
a link to GEOS DLLs built with Visual C++ 7.1 (the same one used to build
Python 2.5):

http://personal.inet.fi/private/jmsalli/geos_x86_vc7.zip

Just copy the files into your Python25\DLLs directory, and let us know
if it works any differently.

Thanks,
  Jaakko