[Community] strange behaviour for union function

Sean Gillies sean.gillies at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 11:33:00 EEST 2010

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 10:10 AM, Emmanuel Lambert
<emmanuel.lambert at intec.ugent.be> wrote:
> Hello Sean,
>
>> 1) Implement a point-in-polygon algorithm specifically for numpy (I'd
>> be interested in this too)
>
> that one would be most suitable for my application.
> Would it be possible that you draft the detailed signature and semantics
> of this function (in line with the existing framework), then maybe I can
> contribute on the implementation.

Backends other than GEOS are outside of the scope of Shapely 1.2. I
have some ideas for how we could do it in a future version which can
be seen in shapely.impl. I suggest for now that you write the code
that works for you, and we'll work on making a numpy backend for a
future Shapely later.

--
Sean